Well I was on Quora.com [travel section] and this question really catched my eye “Which are the safe places for a 19 year old girl to travel in India alone” and I though hey this might be the next post for my travel blog.
So I made some calls and dropped some emails with the same question and the answer was “every city in dangerous if you are afraid to travel”
Well but still my favorite cities to explore in India are Mumbai, New Delhi and the city of Nawabs, Hyderabad. So in this post I want to share some tips which a solo traveler, in this case 19 year olds should apply to be safe even in big metropolitan.
Tip no 1 :- Prefer Bluechip hotels and travel agents
Here ther term bluechip means “trusted” firms. Lets take an example. If I have to choose a hotel in Delhi and I mean that I am travelling to Delhi for the 1st time then I will:-
- View sites like Tripadvisor, as theyr top 100 hotels, whether they are budget or luxury are some of the safest and trusted ones in a city which has more then 5o,ooo accommodation options.
- After finalizing the hotel or any accommodation option I would like to see whether those hotels are active on social media or not. Like have a look at the below screenshot of Radisson Blu Marina in CP, New Delhi. They have 15000 fb likes and more then 40 reviews, mostly positive.
So if you are staying at such hotels, don’t worry about safety. Plus if you ask me the names of some good hotel then I will suggest:-
- Hotel Ashoka at Chanakyapuri, Delhi
- Ahuja Residency in Sunder nagar
- Hotel Pitrashish Pride near terminal 3 of Delhi International Airport
- ITC Sheraton at Saket, Delhi
Tip 2 – Safer transportation
Well I never like to travel in a bus or joint Taxi when I am in a foreign city and the same suggestion I will offer to all. Well taxi in India is still one of the cheaper mode of transportation. I mean you can get a taxi in Delhi fir INR 8 per km thats like INR 1000 per day.
But the question comes how to choose or find a safer taxi firm… Again lets move towards Tripadvisor. For example I want to book a taxi firm which is highly rated and more important local. Steps are :-
- Just search “Things to do in City A”
- Now you will have a mix list of attractions, mostly tourist attraction
- But you will also have some Tour firm…
And here you have. Some trusted local cab or travel firms…
Tip 3 – Eat wisely
Now when I say eat wisely I mean a very simple and some of you might curse me, like “Man…. really you tjink we don’t know that”… well is some one is asking such foolish question then I have to act as a fool..
“Don’t eat from strangers”
Check our the below video and you will understand what I am talking about
So I will close this post just by saying ine thing. People are not bad and thus no city can be rated as R. Its people who makes mistakes and tend to rate other as dangerous. Be courageous if you want to be a traveler and even plan to explore the scariest destination in the world.